Your First Visit
On your first scheduled appointment, please bring:
- Driver’s license or a valid form of identification
- Insurance card/information
- Prescription/Referral letter (if required by insurance or available from your doctor)
- Reports, X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, and any other relevant information
- List of medications you’re taking (if any), including vitamins and herbal supplements
- Any additional authorizations required by your insurance company
Your first visit will be an initial evaluation appointment and involve a detailed discussion about your recent or chronic injury. Your physical therapist will perform a complete examination and evaluation of the injured area, present her findings, and explain your treatment plan in detail. Following the eval, your physical therapist will begin treatment to the injured area and take you through an individualized exercise program. You will also be given a specific home exercise program.
To get you feeling better, faster, you can download and complete all new patient forms in advance and bring them with you on your first visit. Depending on your insurance requirements, there may be additional forms to be filled out on your first visit.
Please come in 10-15 minutes early for your appointment to review and complete all new patient paperwork.
After your initial evaluation appointment, each subsequent visit will include:
- One-on-one, hands-on manual therapy treatment with your physical therapist. She will address your current areas of pain, dysfunctions, movement pattern problems, and flexibility. During this time your PT will be also be able to reassess your injury and keep track of your progress.
- An exercise program designed by your physical therapist for your specific injury/activity level. Monitored by your therapist, your physical therapy aide will help you safely complete your exercises and get you out the door and back to your day as quickly as possible!