What Is Men’s Health?
Men’s health includes conditions that affect men throughout their lifespan. Conditions may involve the spine, pelvic floor and upper or lower extremities. Men experience pelvic floor dysfunction including pain and urinary leakage… This is not just a problem affecting females. 1 in 10 men may develop problems with bladder or sexual function and research shows that physical therapy can help improve bladder control and improve sexual function.
Who Can Benefit From Men’s Health Physical Therapy?
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you may benefit from physical therapy with a Men’s Health Specialist to help reduce or eliminate your symptoms:
- Pain in the genitals, groin, rectum, pubic bone, tailbone, and low back
- Urinary problems, including urgency, frequency, reduced stream and, pain during urination
- Sexual dysfunction or decreased libido
Through education, manual therapy, biofeedback and individualized exercise programs, our specialists can assist you in learning how to decrease and manage your symptoms.
Male Pelvic Pain Diagnoses Treated At South OC PT
- Urinary/ Fecal Incontinence
- Post Urological Surgery
- Post-Void Dribble
- Pelvic pain
- Chronic prostatitis
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Pudendal Neuralgia
- Post Prostatectomy Surgery and CancerTreatment
- Chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS)
- Benign Prostatic Enlargement (BPE)
- Sexual Dysfunction/Erectile Dysfunction
- Ejaculation Dysfunctions
- Testicular pain
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Coccyx Pain