What is Women’s Pelvic Health?
The pelvic floor is made up of muscles that support our internal organs, control sexual function, and bladder/bowel activity. The pelvic floor can be evaluated, treated, and re-educated to perform optimally, much like any other body part. Physical Therapy in this area concentrates on evaluating the muscle strength, endurance, tone, and overall ability for the pelvic floor to function properly.
Conditions related to pelvic floor dysfunction can be difficult to discuss and therefore ignored, misdiagnosed, or left untreated. At South Orange County Physical Therapy we specialize in pelvic floor rehabilitation and understand the sensitivity of pelvic dysfunction. We welcome all pelvic disorders and create a comfortable and respectful environment where you will receive personalized treatment allowing your goals to be reached and promote your overall well being.
Women’s pelvic health conditions and issues treated at South OC PT:
- Urinary/fecal incontinence
- Frequent or urgent urination/Incomplete bladder emptying
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Prenatal and Postpartum musculoskeletal pain syndromes
- Endometriosis/IInterstitial cystitis
- Vulvar pain syndromes (Vulvadynia, Vulvar Vestibulitis)
- Pudendal neuralgia
- Organ prolapse
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Constipation
Through education, manual therapy, biofeedback and individualized exercise programs, our specialists can assist you in learning how to decrease and manage your symptoms.